Classes & Events
Some classes are returning to in-person. Check listing for details.
Lunch & Learn
Check out the monthly Lunch & Learn gatherings complete with a scrumptious lunch and topical information related to Senior and Caregiver daily living. Lunch & Learns are held in:
3rd Wednesday | 11am
First Lutheran Church
1st Wednesday | 11am
Senior Center: 21 E. First Street
Watch for special speakers and resources
A free will donation is accepted.
Matter of Balance
Participate in a Matter of Balance Class to explore ways to get past the fear of falling to continue doing the things you like to do. Session focuses on:
- identifying fears
- finding ways they can be alleviated
- checking our homes for safety issues
- making plans to do the things we want to do
- a healthy snack
- exercising together to begin or continue an exercise regimen
The class meets 2 hours a week for 8 weeks and includes a fear eliminating exercise program. Registration is required. A donation is requested to cover class costs.
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Check out the Powerful Tools for Caregivers Class to help find ways to take care of your own health to better provide care for your loved one. Often we do not see ourselves as a Caregiver, just as our role in life.
This class provides tools for you, the Caregiver, to:
- reduce stress in your life
- change negative thoughts to positive actions
- communicate feelings and needs to others
- set limits and stick to them
- ASK for help, very difficult to do!
- deal with real frustrations and emotions such as anger, guilt, depression
- make very tough decisions
Participants leave with not only knowledge, but also an action plan for making their lives and the life of their loved one more healthy.
Registration is required. A donation is asked to help cover the costs of the class.
Dementia Friends Class
The Dementia Friends Class opens doors to better understand how to relate with those struggling with dementia. Led by trained CREST staff and volunteers, participants will:
- practice slowing down while talking to allow the listener to catch up
- formulate a response, to identify signs of persons with dementia
- ways and topics to initiate communications
These 1 hour classes are held in a variety of locations during the year. If you are interested in sponsoring a Dementia Friends Class in your community, church or organization contact the CREST office.